Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tasty Tuesday - Beer for Dogs?

Do dogs really need beer? Not really, but we as dog owners 
like indulging them! Bowser Beer is a non-alcoholic beer made 
just for dogs that let's you spoil them safely. 

As a society (at least here in the US) we have come to see dogs in almost the same light as kids. We put them in day care, bake for them, and spend more money on their wardrobe then we sometimes do on our own! So is it any wonder that new products are popping up every day that somewhat humanize our dogs? Case in point: Bowser Beer. 

As most of you may know beer is toxic to dogs. The hops that are used to produce the beverage can cause all sorts of medical issues with our pets and therefore should be kept out of their reach. 

Bowser Beer realized that since dogs like beer 
it'd be smart to make them their own dog beer!

Even though beer isn't good for our furry friends I have met many a dog that is obsessed with it. At parties I have witnessed pups knock over beer bottles on purpose to get to the suds. The more these dogs get a taste of the alcohol the more they seem to want it. Essentially they become doggy alcoholics! 

Since I know I'm not the only one that has witnessed this behavior I'm not surprised that Bowser Beer decided to capitalize on it. This company has created a non-alcoholic dog safe version of beer that our furry friends can safely enjoy. It's made from malt barely instead of hops and contains vitamin B and glucosomine.

Bowser Beer: The non-alcoholic dog beer.

Because I was curious about how Nailah would find the taste of this dog beer I decided to do a review on Bowser Beer. I was able to get a bottle from a local restaurant and Nailah got to drink her very own bottle of puppy beer. 

If you're interested in seeing how Niles enjoyed her special non-alcoholic brew make sure to come back tomorrow for a link to our review and more cute pictures! 


14 comments:

M. K. Clinton said...

Nailah sure looks festive! I am anxious to see how she likes it! See you tomorrow! Bark
More, Growl Less Barking from the
Bayou!

Misaki said...

Can't wait to see if she liked it:-)

Kate Obrien said...

Glad to see Nailah is getting ready for St. Paddy's...one of our favorite day's of the year!

nailahbone said...

Thank you! :D We found that adorable St. Patty's Day head band at a dollar store and couldn't resist!

nailahbone said...

Thanks! :D The new post is up with the video link so feel free to check it out!

nailahbone said...

Oh? :D Very cool! I don't usually get to celebrate St. Patrick's day but it is a very fun holiday. Thanks for stopping by!

Roxy the traveling dog said...

I wonder if these guys would like beer? We are wine drinkers, so they have never been around it.

HuskyCrazed said...

Oh!!! Cool!!!!! I have never heard of this before!!! Hope she enjoys it!!

Happy Wednesday!!!

ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Emma said...

We always have a six pack at our house for those special occasions. It is really tasty stuff. Do you have beef or chicken beer?

nailahbone said...

Nice! :) We tried the chicken flavored one but I wonder how Niles would enjoy the beef variety.

nailahbone said...

Thanks! :) She actually loved this product a lot!

nailahbone said...

I find that most dogs, given the chance, will drink beer. At least that's what I discovered in my college days :)

Cathy Keisha said...

This post title intrigued me and I just got around to reading it. This sounds like a risky idea. If Bowser (or Nailah) really likes it, they may not be able to tell the difference between this bottle and a real beer bottle. I’d like to see a cream whiskey for cats. During a St. Pat’s party years ago, TW caught her heart cat Nicky licking from a glass of Bailey’s.

nailahbone said...

Are you saying I could have a doggy alcoholic in the house? :O I can see how a dog could confuse these two bottles but I seeing how so many dogs I know go for normal beer anyways I wouldn't let it worry me. Best to keep all that bad stuff off the floor (though sometimes it's easy to forget!).


A cream whiskey for cats would be interesting! I wonder how that'd work out. :) Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine what I'd do if I found my cats doing that! XD


Thanks for stopping by! :)